Thursday 22 January 2015

Community Quilts Block & FNSI

Good Morning Everyone. I hope you've had a great week. My week has been reasonably productive which I'm quite happy about.

A trip to Margaret River last weekend gave me plenty of stitching time in the car. Luckily I can stitch in the car without feeling sick. The result...I finished the binding on my table runner from my last post. Yay!

WAQA sewing get-togethers started again this week and I was able to go to both Sewing Day and Sewing Night. It was great to catch up with friends again after a 2 month hiatus. I have been a little behind on my Community Quilts blocks of the month that I committed to doing last year, so yesterday I set to and completed the Friendship Star block.

2 rectangles and 1 square = 1 component

Make 4

Combine and rotate to create Friendship Star block layout

Finished block ready to hand in to Community Quilts

The thing I love about these types of blocks is that you can change the look of them completely by turning your fabric components in different directions.

Having fun playing with alternative block arrangements!

Now I just have to complete my Strippy Square block (from October) to hand in asap. I have 1 quarter of it done. If you would like to contribute any blocks created from your own stash you can find the instructions for the blocks on the WAQA website here.

Tomorrow night the wonderful Wendy from Sugarlane Designs is holding our first Friday Night Sew In (FNSI) for 2015. I'm looking forward to catching up with old friends and making some new ones, not to mention being inspired by the wonderful creativity of these ladies. If you would like to join us you can sign up here. See you there!

http://sugarlanequilts.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/fnsi-sign-ups.html


Happy stitching.

Cheers, Tracy

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Tracy,
Pleased you had a nice trip to MR and could also get some stitching done.

Love that block, will go check it...

Looking forward to sewing along with you and all our FNSI friends.

MarneyMay said...

Great blocks the colours a so vibrant
Cheers Pauline

Jo said...

It's great to catch up on your projects and swaps.mwell done enjoy stitching tonight