Thursday 18 December 2014

7 Sleeps to Go, a Finish and FNSI

Hooray! Christmas is almost here. The lights and decorations are up and Miss M and I have been counting down the days.



There has been so much going on that it has been ages since I last posted. I had a lovely weekend with Mum in Melbourne followed by a week of tending to Miss M who had a 2nd bout of Tonsillitis (poor thing was so miserable).

Thank goodness she was better for her 2nd birthday. Peppa Pig is the 'in' thing at the moment so we had a Peppa themed birthday party. My other creative inclinations came to the fore resulting in mini chocolate crackles, fairy bread and a Peppa Pig cake, complete with chocolate muddy puddle. They were all received with much enthusiasm!


There have also been multiple Christmas parties, gatherings and celebrations as various children's activities finished up for the year (eg Playgroup) and friends and family headed off on holidays.

Amongst all of this I have still managed to do a little stitching, goodness knows how. Happily, I was able to complete my 'Rainbows follow the Storms' stitchery in time to give to my friend before Christmas. Unfortunately I couldn't find quite the right size picture frame so you can't see as much of the border fabrics as you should. But I was very happy with it and am pleased to say she loved it. Now I just need to find time to make another version for me.


I still have a couple of projects to finish off for Christmas so am definitely joining in with Wendy for the Friday Night Sew In (FNSI) Christmas Party this week.

http://sugarlanequilts.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/friday-night-sew-in-sign-ups.html
 
You can join us too if you like. Just click on the image above, or click here, to go to Wendy's page to sign up. 36 of us have already RSVP'd so it's bound to be an excellent party!
 
I hope your Christmas preparations are on track & look forward to seeing what you all get up to over the weekend.
 
Cheers,
Tracy
 
PS - If you've been keeping up to date with my jelly roll quilt saga, here is the final instalment. I took the quilt back to add a label to it for our young friend. While I had it I washed it another couple of times and a bit more of the marking pencil has come out. I'm hopeful now that over time, with use and washing, it will all eventually come out. Thanks for all your suggestions, comments and support along the way. I really appreciated it. xxx

1 comment:

Bev C said...

Hello Tracy,
What a great cake, Happy Birthday to your little one.
Great to hear that the markings are coming off.

Merry Christmas
Bev.