Monday 15 September 2014

Thank You, Some Recycling and a New Quilt Project

First, a very BIG thank you to Cheryll at Gone Stitchin'. My gorgeous prize for participating in FNWF in August arrived today. It is a beautiful Christmas mini quilt pattern & I can't wait to start making it.


I had some fun recycling fabrics the weekend before last. Miss A was holding a photo shoot with denim clothing as the feature for her uni assignment. She needed some props so I whipped her up a couple of denim 'clutches'. This one was made from an old pair of jeans I've had lying around for a couple of years waiting to become a project. I can't remember how long I've had the doily.


Then, while Miss M was asleep that Sunday, I decided it was high time to start my first Christmas quilt project. Christmas is my favourite time of year (as you may have guessed) so I am very, very excited about this project, especially since I've had the Bali Pop and pattern since 2009!


The cutting work was completed yesterday and I finished laying out the braids today. Next step, sewing the braids together.

3 of the 6 braids
Before I could start my Christmas sewing however, I needed to complete my block of the month for WAQA's Community Quilts. This block is called Crossed Wires. The instructions can be found on the Aussie Hero Quilts blog.

8 1/2" block centre surrounded by strips and cut into 4 pieces


Possible block configuration 1
Possible block configuration 2
The 4 unjoined pieces will be handed in tomorrow and mixed up with other people's contributions. It should make for an interesting quilt although I have to say it's not my favourite block. A bit too busy for my liking.

Well, that's it for my week. I hope everyone else has been having a great stitching week too.

Cheers,
Tracy

2 comments:

Maria said...

Great recycled clutch..

Oh those Christmas fabrics look fabulous in braids..

Yes is a busy block but as you said, will be a an interesting quilt.

Anonymous said...

Love the doily on the little clutch - great idea! Your braid seems fast-moving