Tuesday 1 April 2014

Jacobean stitchery update & a new book

I was able to get a few nights of stitching in last week but only managed to get half way through my Jacobean stitchery. This is how it looked at the end of my embroidery group catch-up on Thursday night. I'm quite happy with how it's coming along.


You may remember from an earlier post that I've been reading Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek Quilts series of novels. They often contain a story line that shows how quilting played a part in the American Civil War and this got me wondering about quilts and quilting in Australian history.

After a bit of searching online I discovered this book by Annette Gero (http://www.annettegero.com/) which looks at quilting in Australia from convict times to the 1960s. I was very excited to receive my copy in the mail late last week but have really only had a chance to skim through it so far. It is a beautiful book and I'm looking forward to reading it properly.


Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Maria said...

You are making great progress with your stitchery Tracy.
That book looks very interesting. Enjoy your read.