Tuesday 14 January 2014

Presents for Christmas

Welcome back. In my last post I promised to share some of the work I had been doing over the last few months. Some of you will have seen the first cushion I made, with owls on it, for my niece Miss P. Once it was completed I started a second cushion for my other niece, her sister Miss T. This was the end result...


Here are both cushions together. They were sent across as Christmas presents and by all accounts were very well received :)


Both patterns were by Clare Turpin designs and were very easy to make. The birds were appliqued on, and buttons are used as the closers on the back.

Now for something a little more current...today was my last day of work.  I am now officially a stay-at-home Mum, at least for the next year or so. I was very lucky to receive a wonderful card and farewell gift from my colleagues - some VIP passes to Perth's annual Craft & Quilt Fair! I'm so excited, not just because of the tickets but also because I get to spend lots of quality time with my little girl and both my 'big' kids. I'll definitely sneak in some quilting and stitching time as well so watch this space!

Here's hoping you have a wonderful week of stitching.
Cheers,
Tracy xx

1 comment:

Maria said...

Both cushions are gorgeous Tracey..
How wonderful to be a stay at home Mum for awhile. You may be able to come to our next GTG....